FULL BRIEFING ON THE AKWA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING OF AUGUST 12, 2020
The Executive Council meeting of the Akwa Ibom state Government met to deliberate on critical issues of state. The meeting was chaired by HE, the Governor, with HE, the Deputy Governor, Secretary to the State Government, Head of the Civil Service, Commissioners, Special Advisers in attendance.
The council deliberated on many issues and resolved as follows:
- The Head of civil service should conduct a fresh interview for personnel from level 7 and above who are in the civil service of Akwa Ibom State, before October 1, 2020. This decision is to allow for greater inclusivity, as the number of those absent was high. This decision was based on the report of the 2019 promotion interview exercise which was duly received and extensively discussed.
- A Public Private Partnership management structure should be activated for the management of Ibom e-library. This decision was taken to ensure the optimal utilization of the facility, for the good of the state and her citizenry.
- The half year management report of the Ibom Hotels and Golf Resort, though impressive, demanded greater efficiency for increased productivity.
- The strategies adopted by the COVID-19 Management Committee are effective and commendable, but increased vigilance and efficiency must remain the focus.
- The Ministry of Education, school administrators and school monitoring teams are achieving great results in COVID-19 awareness and students preparation for junior and senior secondary exit examinations. However, increased monitoring is required to prevent the students from being infected by the virus.
The council adjourned the meeting after conclusion of deliberations.
Comrade Ini Ememobong
Ministry of Information and Strategy