GOVERNOR UDOM EMMANUEL’S FOUR YEARS OF TOUCHING LIVES (SECTORIAL ACHIEVEMENTS)
……………….Over the years, Akwa Ibom has been known to be a civil service economy where government provides the main source of income that sustains the population.
The mono economy of civil service with petty trading made the state vulnerable to unemployment and its associated vices.
To change this situation, Governor Udom Emmanuel in the last four years, worked tirelessly to industrialize the state, staking his high prized integrity, earned over years of service in the private sector.
In record time, the Governor has changed the status of the state to an industrialized economy.
The Governor’s effort has produced:
1. Syringe Manufacturing Factory (Largest in Africa), Onna
2. Electric Digital Metering Solutions Manufacturing Factory, Onna
3. Pencil Factory, Itu
4. Toothpick Factory, Itu
5. Plastic Factory, Itu
6. Resuscitation of Ibom Paints Limited (Former Peacock Paints Industry), Etinan
7. Fertilizer Blending Factory, Abak
8. Palm Kernel Crushing Plant, Ibesikpo Asutan
9. Palm Kernel Crushing Plant, Ukanafun
10. Flour Mill, Onna
11. Rice Mill, Ini
12. Starch Manufacturing Company, Oruk Anam
13. Cassava Processing Mill, Ikot Ekang
14. Cassava Processing Mill, Ibesikpo Asutan
15. Petroleum Tank Farm
16. Palm Oil Processing Plant
17. Fish Processing Plant
18. Coconut Refinery (Ongoing)
19. Plywood Manufacturing Factory (Ongoing)
20. Ibom Deep Seaport (Ongoing)
21. Ibom Industrial Park/Jetty (Ongoing)
22. Quality Ceramics (Ongoing)
23. Waste to Wealth Plant (Ongoing)
24. Power Plant, Refinery, Gas Processing Plant (Ongoing)
Culled from the Four Years of Touching Lives Compendium put together by the Akwa Ibom State’s Ministry of Information & Strategy under the leadership of Mr. Charles Udoh, KSJ.